- The concept (Earth and other species rejecting humans) is far better than the story
- Much like its predecessors (Oblivion, Prometheus, etc.) After Earth is a very good looking film.
- Perhaps predictably, the Smiths create a jaded family dynamic, without which there would be very little for the film to pride itself on.
- That said, it’d be a much shorter film if Kitai (Smith Jr.) ever bothered to listen to Cypher (Smith Sr.)
- While not living up to its “epic” billing, After Earth is a decent watch. At only 90 minutes, it’s brief, too.